- Al-Anon is an organization comprised of persons whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking.
It is a recovery program for families and friends of alcoholics, whether the alcoholic is still drinking or not. Alateen, a part of Al-Anon, is for teens and preteens affected by someone else’s drinking, not for young alcoholics seeking sobriety for themselves.
News & Updates
Thursday night’s Alateen meeting is moving to Club 164 in Annapolis MD on February 1, 2024. Additional information can be found here.
Al-Anon’s World Service Organization (WSO) created a helpful checklist on welcoming new comers and guests to our meetings. Please share this with your groups as appropriate.
- AIS is so thankful to the groups for their generous donations throughout the 2023 year. Group contributions doubled the treasury. This will allow AIS to help the new Alateen meeting cover literature expenses in the near future.
- AIS has received a new order of the business cards that contain links and information on finding meetings. If you are in need of more, contact your district representative or Lynne F and AIS will distribute them.
- The next AIS meeting April 17, 2024 @7PM via Zoom
- March 15 @ 8:00 am – March 17 @ 5:00 pm
- April 20 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- April 20 @ 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
New to Al-Anon? Here’s some suggested steps to consider:
Visit the Meetings page to find a list of meetings in your area.
Request a Phone List
Stay after the meeting to ask any questions and receive a member phone list.
Read Al-Anon Conference Approved Literature
You can pick up print literature when you attend in person meetings. If you attend virtual meetings, you can visit www.al-anon.org to request an electronic newcomer packet.
When you are ready, consider asking someone to be your sponsor.
We can be reached at email@example.com