firstname.lastname@example.orgAl-Anon is an organization comprised of persons whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking.
It is a recovery program for families and friends of alcoholics, whether the alcoholic is still drinking or not. Alateen, a part of Al-Anon, is for teens and preteens affected by someone else’s drinking, not for young alcoholics seeking sobriety for themselves.
News & Updates
Below are a few highlights from October’s Area Information Service (AIS) meeting, and a copy of the full minutes can be found here.
- The AIS Website Working Group continues to make progress having reached out to WordPress and other Al anon areas for recommendations
- Alateen struggling with teen attendance. Alateen has been joining local outreach events at schools in hopes of increasing interest.
- Directories- printable PDF’s available on website in the Meetings section
- Public Outreach is hoping to coordinate efforts at Group level. Volunteer opportunities available, you may contact email@example.com if interested.
- Reminder: Is your Group ready to welcome Newcomers during the Holidays?
- Next AIS meeting will be held January 17, 2024 via Zoom- all are welcome to join. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
New to Al-Anon? Here’s some suggested steps to consider:
Visit the Meetings page to find a list of meetings in your area.
Request a Phone List
Stay after the meeting to ask any questions and receive a member phone list.
Read Al-Anon Conference Approved Literature
You can pick up print literature when you attend in person meetings. If you attend virtual meetings, you can visit www.al-anon.org to request an electronic newcomer packet.
When you are ready, consider asking someone to be your sponsor.